Hello Neighbors and warm Father's Day wishes to all the dads and grandfathers out there. And also to the great uncles, teachers, preachers, coaches and other men who are there for our children. Enjoy your day gentlemen!
Do you need some ideas to make the day special? As usual, the calendar is packed with local events and ideas and you can see it here. But we wanted to offer even more options if you're feeling adventurous! Consider:
- Have your child create dad a special Father's Day Sloth on Saturday, June 19th at Art Buzz Kids
- Hungry Mother, Smith Mountain Lake, or the New River Trail State Parks
- Virginia Museum of Transportation
- Dixie Caverns or Natural Bridge Caverns
- Tubing at The New River Junction, Tangent Outfitters, or River of Lights
- Children's Museum of Roanoke
- Mountain Lake Lodge
- Science Museum of Western Virginia
- Claytor Lake
- Draper Mercantile
- Smithfield Plantation or the Danville Museum
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Head to Floyd. We suggest a meal at Mickey G's or Dogtown followed by local shopping and penny candy at the Floyd Country Store.