Sure, we know you can stick in the microwave, but do me a favor give this stove top kettle corn a try. It’s easy, fun and delicious! Trust me, make this popcorn! Ingredients
1/4 cup Canola oil
1/3 cup unpopped corn kernels
1/4 cup sugar cane
salt to taste
1. Put the oil in a pot and heat to medium high. Handles and a cover are your friend today!
2. Put 3 kernels in the oil and wait for the three kernels to pop. Now you are ready! 3. Add kernels and spread them out in one thin layer at the bottom of the pot.
4. Cover and let pop, this should start fairly quick. Start shaking the covered pot around to let the kernels shake around so that the un-popped kernels can get to the bottom where it's hot!
5. When the popping seems to have slowed down pour in the sugar.
6. Continue shaking the covered pot around, distributing the sugar and also letting the rest of the kernels pop.
7. When it seems like the popping has slowed considerably (1-2 minutes), remove the pot from heat and let it cool. Stir the popcorn around to make sure the sugar has evenly distributed.